Tuesday, March 2, 2010

The Return of The Tonight Show

Tonight marked the return of The Tonight Show with Jay Leno!  The real Tonight Show!  While I don't typically watch late night talk shows, I tuned in for Jay's return.  The intro was fantastic!  They did a play on The Wizard of Oz complete with the amazing Betty White.  The new set seems to be a hybrid of the old Tonight Show set and the Jay Leno Show set.  It's a bit wonky, but it will work.  I love the guest chairs, but Jay's new desk is not my style.  It looks like something I could find on the set of "Hairspray" the movie.

Jay's first guest back, Jamie Foxx, was intense to say the least.  Since he was extremely happy and not at all depressive, I'm thinking he was high on cocaine.  I guess I should say "allegedly" incase he stumbles across this.  I enjoyed Jamie on Oprah last Friday, but tonight I wanted him to sit down and shut up!  Lindsey Vonn was interesting, but I think she forgot the rest of her dress backstage.  Perhaps she was in a hurry.  She didn't say anything unexpected so if you missed it, no biggie.  Jay's musical guest was Brad Paisley.  I hate country music for the most part so I was not into it.

Overall, the show was good, but "underwhelming" as my friend Andrea put it.  I won't be setting my DVR to catch every show, but if I'm sitting around at 10:35pm, I'll tune into The Tonight Show with Jay Leno.

The Tonight Show passes The Trav Test with a B


Category: TV, Talk Show
Location: TV
Cost: Free
Ease of use: Easy
The Trav Test grade: B

No comments:

Post a Comment