Thursday, February 23, 2012

Microsoft

I've said before that I'm a major Apple fan so you'd probably expect me to hate Microsoft off the bat. Well, that's partially true. I do hate their hardware (PCs, Zune, etc), but think their software (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc) is quite good. In fact, I haven't used Apple's word processor since it was ClarisWorks! With that said, I have a bone to pick with Microsoft.


I own the Microsoft Office 2011 Mac Student version. I got it when I was a student. No longer a student, I now need access to Outlook, which is not part of the Student version. To use it, I need to purchase a product key, but It's impossible to purchase a product key for just Outlook. This is ridiculous! In order to use Outlook (which Microsoft already installed on my MacBook Pro!), I'd have to re-buy ALL of Office 2011. So I'd have to pay TWICE for 3/4 of the applications in order to pay ONCE for 1/4 of them! That is absolute bullshit and I refuse to do so.


This is why people refer to them at Micro$oft and pirate their products like crazy!


Microsoft fails The Trav Test with D-. 



• Category: Products
• Location: Computer
• Cost: Too damn much!
• Ease of use:
 Easy
• The Trav Test grade: D-

No comments:

Post a Comment